Log in

Beryllium Zone

Question: When you hear the word "science", what is the first thing that comes into your mind?

Asked by tayla07 to Brad, Chris, Goli, Herbert on 23 May 2012.

Keywords: , ,

0Short link http://bit.ly/Jo2bUy | Comment on this question

• Photo: Herbert ChiouHerbert Chiou answered on 23 May 2012:

When I hear about the word Science, the first thing that comes into mind is what is it in relation to. Is it in a topic area I know? Do I want to learn more about it if I don’t? Most of the time I probably will look further into it and see how that knowledge fits into other understanding I have of the world.

0

• Photo: Goli SamimiGoli Samimi answered on 23 May 2012:

Hmmmm…good question. For me, science makes me think of nature–plants and cells and life.

0

• Photo: Brad TuckerBrad Tucker answered on 23 May 2012:

I love the question. For me its everything – The Universe, Earth, Us, Cars, Computers, etc. It explains how it all works and what and who we are.

1

• Photo: Chris SlapeChris Slape answered on 23 May 2012:

Science to me means “the scientific method” – holding theories up to criticism, testing hypotheses and only taking as fact that which is demonstrably true.

0

Comments

by Bridge 8 under license from Gallomanor Communications ltd 2014

Funded by: